Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankfulness

I am so thankful for God’s direction in bringing me to Mercy Ships and providing me new friends within my first week to celebrate Thanksgiving in Africa. It is a bit different being on a ship with 35+ nationalities when celebrating a holiday unique to the United States.

My Thanksgiving day started off with going to an orphanage. It was so sweet to just snuggle up to the little toddlers. Many of the children wanted to be held more than play games. A little bit later I wandered upstairs and found the baby room where three little babies were just waking up from their nap. What an amazing way to spend Thanksgiving with getting to bless these little children.  
Loving on the Babies!
Playing with the kids!


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the afternoon several of us toured a French Naval ship that just so happened to be docked right behind the Mercy Ships. Not a typical Thanksgiving activity, but it was interesting and something different.

French Naval Ship
 

In the evening we enjoyed a nice turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans to keep with Thanksgiving traditional foods! You can’t forget the apple crisp and pumpkin pie for dessert!   

Sharing Thanksgiving Dinner with new friends!
No worries... I still had Turkey for Thanksgiving!
 
We'll that's it for now!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I definitely could see you bringing one of those babies back with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily! That sounds like so much fun!!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful babies. You don't know me Emily but your mother is my buddy. I'm praying with you and for you and have added your name to the prayer chapel on my ministry's website.
    Blessings for your servant's heart.
    Cindee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to spend your Thanksgiving! I can see you are already fitting in nicely and enjoying your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI: My name should be Betty Downing....not Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EMILY...I could take those babies home with me, and you know that! You look like you're right at home loving on those little ones. I love the pics! They actually make it more real that you're in AFRCIA!!! Everyone there, adults and kids alike, are blessed to be in the presence of such a beautiful, kind, nurturing person and friend. Keep up the good work...and the super awesome blog! :) I miss you! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes teared up as i saw the picture of you holding the little girl in the orphanage. <3. "sigh"... i understand the joy and fulfillment of being exactly where you are called to be at this time. proud of you. much love. levi and wyatt send their hi's too ... he's kicking in my tummy right now ;) love mary catherine

    ReplyDelete