Sunday, February 17, 2013

Africa Mercy on 60 Minutes

As a young girl I remember sitting on the couch beside my parents watching various interviews and stories on the news program 60 minutes. So it is exciting that 60 minutes aired a story tonight about Mercy Ships which is where I am currently volunteering.

I wanted to share the link to the news clip so that you can watch the story and see the patients who I care for aboard this floating hospital ship:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50141230n

I hope this gives you a better idea of what life is like here on the Africa Mercy. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve and care for these patients. Working primarily with Maxo-Facial patients, I get to witness these life changing miracles of tumors removed and patients' faces restored! It is truly incredible to see the difference we make in our patients' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment